Feb 15, 2023
Hi guys, first time poster but long time lurker. I am about to upgrade my case to the 21st century and really want to have a nice rgb setup for it. Having done quite a lot of googling already, I am now more confused about the mess that is RGB than I was before.

So I think i'm going to get the Phanteks G360a as it meets all my needs and completely future proofs it in terms of expansion.
What I want for the build is a total of 7 rgb fans, 3 front, 3 top, 1 rear. But I also want to go a bit over board with it with some internal LED strips hidden top, bottom and sides to create a glow effect inside the case AND I also want a long LED strip to match the inside of the case but to be external (switchable with the internals if possible) running along the bottom of my nice large oak work top (3600mm by 600mm) to create a glow effect underneath.
So, can this be done easily enough? And what components would I need exactly to achieve this? I already have an Asus aura mobo (the Prime x370-Pro).

Thanks in advance!

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Your motherboard has one RGB(not to be confused with ARGB) header, page 1-9. You're limited to working with a 2m long strip at a maximum power usage of 2A. What sort of fans and strips are you looking at? Pertaining to the external LED lighting, I doubt you can do something of that nature considering how you shouldn't disconnect or reconnect the LED strips on-the-fly. To also note, ARGB and RGB devices aren't interchangeable, meaning you can't take advantage of the D-RGB/ARGB connectivity in the case while on that motherboard.

You could probably get around these limitations using an ARGB/RGB controller/hub that are made by Corsair, Coolermaster or Deepcool.

Feb 15, 2023
I hadn't long fitted an LS720 to my nephew's new build and he liked the fans that came with the aio so much we bought and installed another 4 of the fans that came with that (the fc120's), nice and simple and able to daisy chain them too. I really liked the look of those tbh and was thinking of going with them too.

I was looking at a controller on amazon, here: shorturl.at/fAIP7
I don't mind spending the extra for something else, but this seemed like it could do the job and had a lot of ports. Would it be able to power all them fans (2x3 daisy chains) and the LED strips? Haven't looked into the strips yet. but I do have a 5m Govee LED strip lying around somewhere, not sure on connection types. And I am not sure if I worded it right earlier, but I would like the external desk top LED to be able to switch colour/mode with all the other LED's that are on the inside of the case. Does that make more sense?