[SOLVED] RGB knowledge needed for new build. (X570 + Ryzen 3000 build).

Jul 22, 2019
Long story short : I have some rgb devices and i want to find a way for all of them to work and I am new at handling rgb

By 'getting them to work' , I am not sure what is the rgb standards nowadays but i am hoping i can sync/control them with a/afew software.

This is a new pc i am building so here are the parts.
ryzen 3600x
rtx 2070
nvme m.2 ssd
toshiba hdd
silverstone 650w gold

RGB stuff:
id-cooling aio cooler (argb , says on product page, supports rgb fusion(gigabyte),mystic light(msi),aura sync(asus)
Jonsbo LB-3 argb strip
lian-li 24pin & 8 pin rgb cables
maybe 3 argb fans? (i dont know yet, would like to know what is recommended considering compatibility)
maybephanteks halos?
undecided x570 motherboard to use. Currently deciding between MSI pro carbon wifi & Asrock Taichi (both of which has rgb on the board)

QUESTIONS:
1) What do I need to plug/sync all the rgb devices.
I did some reading and i know that theres no universal standard, but I dont mind using different softwares to handle the rgb as long as its with a software. For connecting, do I need some sort of hub ? What options are available?

2) If lets say i pick Asrock Taichi as the motherboard, which is using 'polychrome rgb' to control rgb, does this mean my other products NEED to support polychrome rgb? Or else I cannot manage them?

3)Do my rgb device have to connect to a usb header or an argb header?

4) Whats 5v, 12v , 3-pin & 4-pin

Solution
Depends what options your MB has. Plain RGB headers (4pin) are for analog 12v RGB lights only.
aRGB is for addressable RGB, 5v lights only. Thea are incompatible with each one but good modern MBs provide both and are adjustable by software for particular MB while devices with aRGB may use own SW.
Beyond that, there are independent controllers for both kinds that range from having own remote control to some with ties to MB or even to some cases. Some CPU coolers and fans also come with or can be acquired for own usage.
Depends what options your MB has. Plain RGB headers (4pin) are for analog 12v RGB lights only.
aRGB is for addressable RGB, 5v lights only. Thea are incompatible with each one but good modern MBs provide both and are adjustable by software for particular MB while devices with aRGB may use own SW.
Beyond that, there are independent controllers for both kinds that range from having own remote control to some with ties to MB or even to some cases. Some CPU coolers and fans also come with or can be acquired for own usage.

Solution