RGB Lighting in a nutshell?

RobbyKeazli

Commendable
Jul 11, 2016
I'm looking to put some RGB lighting in my case, but, unfortunately, I don't know a darn thing about it. What's good? What's bad? Any recommendations? I've read a bit about the NZXT Hue+, but I'm no sure I'm willing to spend $60 on lighting, because I don't really know how much anything else costs.

Solution
There's a few different ways to go about it.
You can get the cheap strips that come with a remote (and all look the same, take a guess why) for like 20 bucks almost anywhere, they dont last all that long and certain colors can become washed out.
The HUE and HUE+ are both fairly nice ways to go about lighting if you want RGB.

Those are your main, cheaper choices (other than things like RGB fans). I personally use two blue cold cathodes I got for 7 bucks.
There's a few different ways to go about it.
You can get the cheap strips that come with a remote (and all look the same, take a guess why) for like 20 bucks almost anywhere, they dont last all that long and certain colors can become washed out.
The HUE and HUE+ are both fairly nice ways to go about lighting if you want RGB.

Those are your main, cheaper choices (other than things like RGB fans). I personally use two blue cold cathodes I got for 7 bucks.

Solution