[SOLVED] RGB Lights Constant Flashing

Nov 14, 2019
Hi there, hope I'm posting in the right section here.

I recently got a PC from Cyberpower about a month or 2 ago and everything was working fine, except the 3 RGB fans. Initially, they didn't light at all, and I was fine with this.

Just last night, they randomly turned on and were blue, and again it looked alright so I didn't mind. However, this morning the fans are stuck on a constant RGB flash and I cant find a way to either get it to stick on 1 colour, or get it off completely, either would be fine.

I'm not sure what type of fans they are but from the specs maybe any of these will help:

CASE: Corsair Carbide Spec-Delta Black ATX RGB Gaming Mid-Tower (inc x3 RGB fans)

MOTHERBOARD: Asus Prime Z390-P: ATX w/ USB 3.1, SATA3, 2x M.2

I think they're connected via the motherboard? If any other specs are needed let me know :)

I tried using Asus Aura but it wouldn't load at all, giving me an error message.

I also tried Asus Suite 3, it loads up fine but changing the lighting control on it does nothing.

Any help would be appreciated, cheers :)

Solution
Hi, I have just checked the specs on the motherboard and it is a standard RGB connector to your motherboard. It is a 3 into one cable from the fans to the motherboard. It might be worth taking out the RGB cable from the motherboard and then putting it back in as it may not be on properly. Then reboot and see it it works. Make sure the RGB cable that goes into the motherboard is put in correctly as there should be a small arrow on the cable end showing you which pin that arrow should line up with on your motherboard connector. To find out which Pin lines up with the arrow, that should be in your motherboard manual section 1.11....the first pin from the left is the one but double check. The RGB header on your motherboard is at the bottom...
Hi, I have just checked the specs on the motherboard and it is a standard RGB connector to your motherboard. It is a 3 into one cable from the fans to the motherboard. It might be worth taking out the RGB cable from the motherboard and then putting it back in as it may not be on properly. Then reboot and see it it works. Make sure the RGB cable that goes into the motherboard is put in correctly as there should be a small arrow on the cable end showing you which pin that arrow should line up with on your motherboard connector. To find out which Pin lines up with the arrow, that should be in your motherboard manual section 1.11....the first pin from the left is the one but double check. The RGB header on your motherboard is at the bottom of your motherboard left of centre.

Fingers crossed you get it working...

Reactions: emcardle660
Solution
Nov 14, 2019
Hi, I have just checked the specs on the motherboard and it is a standard RGB connector to your motherboard. It is a 3 into one cable from the fans to the motherboard. It might be worth taking out the RGB cable from the motherboard and then putting it back in as it may not be on properly. Then reboot and see it it works. Make sure the RGB cable that goes into the motherboard is put in correctly as there should be a small arrow on the cable end showing you which pin that arrow should line up with on your motherboard connector. To find out which Pin lines up with the arrow, that should be in your motherboard manual section 1.11....the first pin from the left is the one but double check. The RGB header on your motherboard is at the bottom of your motherboard left of centre.

Ah I think I might have seen that cable when first taking the foam out of the inside, might have accidentally given it a knock or something! Will give that a try when I'm home later and fingers crossed it works, cheers! :D

Nov 14, 2019

Hi there

I think I found the cables in question (there were 4 of them). They feel incredibly flimsy and as if anything could disconnect them! I ensured they were all in and the RGB is still flashing :(

Now on the front of the motherboard (where you can't really see all the wires), I can see the RGB header is empty and just have 4 gold prongs (not sure if that matters)

EDIT:::::::
Managed to find the cable, took it out and lights stopped flashing :D Couldn't manage to get them to stay on fixed, but I'd rather them off than flashing! Thank you :)

Last edited:
Hi there

I think I found the cables in question (there were 4 of them). They feel incredibly flimsy and as if anything could disconnect them! I ensured they were all in and the RGB is still flashing :(

Now on the front of the motherboard (where you can't really see all the wires), I can see the RGB header is empty and just have 4 gold prongs (not sure if that matters)

EDIT:::::::
Managed to find the cable, took it out and lights stopped flashing :D Couldn't manage to get them to stay on fixed, but I'd rather them off than flashing! Thank you :)

No problems at all as happy to help. You are right as the connector is way to flimsy and can get disconnected with ease. I have moved to a RGB controller box instead so that I avoid the motherboard control issues as to be honest the motherboard RGB control also tends to be a bit hit or miss....