Question RGB lights not working on cooler.

bobothewizard

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2009
I recently purchased all the items in the best $2000 PC build on the website Here to include the following below items. Its been about 10 years since I built a PC but it is up and running with everything installed "almost" correctly. Problem i have is none of the RGB lights on the coolers fan are working and also the display on the heatsink itself is not showing. The fans and pump are working. I daisy chained all the RGB lights and the cooler lights to one cable but I am unsure where that cable goes on the mother board. The 3 pin power cable coming from the pump I am pretty sure is in the right connection, CPU_Fan but the other one I am not so sure about. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
All in all was a pretty fun build as it is my first time working with a AIO cooler. Man, 10 years ago water cooled was just for the cool kids lol.

Component TypeModelPrice (at Pub Time in USD)
CPUAMD Ryzen 9 7900X3D$447
MotherboardGigabyte B650M Gaming Plus WiFi$139
GPUNvidia RTX 4070 Ti Super$784
RAMG.Skill Trident Z5 RGB Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR5 6000$99
StorageWD Black SN850X (2TB)$153
CaseHyte Y40$124
PSUCorsair RM750e$99
CoolerIceberg Thermal IceFLOE Oasis 360mm$90
Total:Row 8 - Cell 1$1,935

Lutfij

Titan
https://download.gigabyte.com/FileL...1102_e.pdf?v=beeb7729385c05d82bde6e70f2203e94
Page-4, your motherboard should have two headers of concern, D_LED1 and D_LED2. Your AIO should have a 3pin ARGB daisychain cable, the end should go onto either of the aforementioned headers on your motherboard. Please hook them up while your system is powered down and your wall outlet's switch is turned off, to avoid any mishaps.

The connector can only go on in one way due to the keying of the connector/header.

Reactions: bobothewizard
daisy chained all the RGB lights and the cooler lights to one cable but I am unsure where that cable goes on the mother board
a 3pin aRGB header.
check your board's product manual for an image showing all available headers.
3 pin power cable coming from the pump I am pretty sure is in the right connection, CPU_Fan but the other one I am not so sure about
fans' 4pin PWM cable connects to the CPU_FAN header.

pump uses a 3pin DC cable.
would go to a fan/pump header. depends on how your particular motherboard is setup, but either will work.
if using a CHA_FAN header, set to "DC" mode with 100% at all times through the BIOS.

Reactions: bobothewizard