[SOLVED] RGB Madness Help Please

ZennPC

Reputable
Jul 30, 2016
Heyyoo beautiful people, I've recently decided to build a new gaming PC, (yes I too caved in to the hype of the new GPU and CPU launches), and I've had some trouble understanding how to go about organising the RGB in my new build.
This is the first time I'm dealing with all the RGB madness but after some research I was able to understand some key factors like;
  1. Trying to get all RGB components from the same ecosystem so that it can be controlled together and way easier by respective software
  2. Making sure NOT to overfill the PC with too much RGB: BEGONE RGB VOMIT!
  3. Trying to stick to 2 colour tones, or if going with the rainbow wave then making sure all components circulate the colours together with the same spectrum of colours (usually matched by same RGB ecosystem)
  4. Etc.
My PC specs are as follows, I'll identify the parts I've bought and have on me right now, and also which of the components are not yet bought (in case that be relevant to you):
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X----------------------------------------------------------------------PURCHASED
CPU COOLER:
Corsair H100i RGB Platinum SE White AIO--------------------------NOT PURCHASED
MOBO:
Asus Tuf Gaming X570-Plus (Wifi) ATX------------------------------------------PURCHASED
RAM:
Corsair Vengeance White RGB 2x8GB (16GB) @ 3600Mhz-----------------PURCHASED
GPU: Asus Tuf Gaming RTX 3080-------------------------------------------------------------PURCHASED
PSU:
Corsair Rm750x White 750W-----------------------------------------------------------NOT PURCHASED
STORAGE 1:
Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM HDD---------------------------PURCHASED
STORAGE 2:
Samsung 970 Evo 500GB M.2 SSD-----------------------------------------PURCHASED
CASE:
Lian Li Lancool 2 Mesh ATX White RGB Edition---------------------------------NOT PURCHASED
CASE FANS:
Corsair LL120 63 CFM 120 mm Fans 3-Pack (x2)----------------------NOT PURCHASED

My real question is, considering it should be obvious I'm going with Corsair for the RGB ecosystem, how do I go about linking all these fans to the fan headers and all their respective fan rgb cables with consideration to Corsair's hub and rgb controllers?

I looked into the Commander Pro and PWM Fan Controller modules that you can buy extra but I have no idea how those two modules work with each other. Is it necessary that I buy them or would it be recommended?

Also I think I understand that 6 fans can be connected to the fan hub at the back of the case that Lian Li provides with the Lancool 2 Mesh ATX RGB Edition of the case. But I doubt I'd be using that since there is no RGB connector on it?

COMPLETE NOOB here so any and all help/advice I can get on this would be SUPER appreciated. As for the rest of how to go about building a PC, I think I've got it down pat thanks to all the techtuber's tutorials (@Verge how many tweezers do I need again? haha).

Thank you so much guys, sorry for the long post.

Solution
Heyyoo beautiful people, I've recently decided to build a new gaming PC, (yes I too caved in to the hype of the new GPU and CPU launches), and I've had some trouble understanding how to go about organising the RGB in my new build.
This is the first time I'm dealing with all the RGB madness but after some research I was able to understand some key factors like;
  1. Trying to get all RGB components from the same ecosystem so that it can be controlled together and way easier by respective software
  3. Trying to stick to 2 colour tones, or if going with the rainbow wave then making sure all components circulate the colours together with the same spectrum of...
  3. Trying to stick to 2 colour tones, or if going with the rainbow wave then making sure all components circulate the colours together with the same spectrum of colours (usually matched by same RGB ecosystem)
  4. Etc.
My PC specs are as follows, I'll identify the parts I've bought and have on me right now, and also which of the components are not yet bought (in case that be relevant to you):
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X----------------------------------------------------------------------PURCHASED
CPU COOLER:
Corsair H100i RGB Platinum SE White AIO--------------------------NOT PURCHASED
MOBO:
Asus Tuf Gaming X570-Plus (Wifi) ATX------------------------------------------PURCHASED
RAM:
Corsair Vengeance White RGB 2x8GB (16GB) @ 3600Mhz-----------------PURCHASED
GPU: Asus Tuf Gaming RTX 3080-------------------------------------------------------------PURCHASED
PSU:
Corsair Rm750x White 750W-----------------------------------------------------------NOT PURCHASED
STORAGE 1:
Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM HDD---------------------------PURCHASED
STORAGE 2:
Samsung 970 Evo 500GB M.2 SSD-----------------------------------------PURCHASED
CASE:
Lian Li Lancool 2 Mesh ATX White RGB Edition---------------------------------NOT PURCHASED
CASE FANS:
Corsair LL120 63 CFM 120 mm Fans 3-Pack (x2)----------------------NOT PURCHASED

My real question is, considering it should be obvious I'm going with Corsair for the RGB ecosystem, how do I go about linking all these fans to the fan headers and all their respective fan rgb cables with consideration to Corsair's hub and rgb controllers?

I looked into the Commander Pro and PWM Fan Controller modules that you can buy extra but I have no idea how those two modules work with each other. Is it necessary that I buy them or would it be recommended?

Also I think I understand that 6 fans can be connected to the fan hub at the back of the case that Lian Li provides with the Lancool 2 Mesh ATX RGB Edition of the case. But I doubt I'd be using that since there is no RGB connector on it?

COMPLETE NOOB here so any and all help/advice I can get on this would be SUPER appreciated. As for the rest of how to go about building a PC, I think I've got it down pat thanks to all the techtuber's tutorials (@Verge how many tweezers do I need again? haha).

Thank you so much guys, sorry for the long post.
LOL, I don't think Lian Li RGB is compatible with ICUE directly. But I do know, Asus Aura sync is compatible with lian li and icue both, so maybe you can work something out, but then again you can't syn. Fans with different no. of LEDs in icue.

You will get 3 white rgb fans. Buy 3 LL120 whites with the controller (Lighting node pro + rgb fan hub I think) to put on the front. Buy the H100i White (I don't know if this comes with controller or not, if it does, just buy the 3 LL120 separate) , top mount it. Remember you can only sync 6 fans on one hub from corsair, if you want more it'll be cable management hell, considering you already have lian li cables for rgb. So you can buy another LL120 (total 4 +2 on the AIO) , put that in the back. Use 2 of the stock rgb fans on top of the PSU shroud. It won't sync, but it's worth saving the cash and investing in a 2TB SSD instead of HDD.

OR, you could get another corsair fan hub, buy 2 more LL120 rgb, stick those o nthe psu shroud, and eliminate the Lian Li rgb fan and controller thing entirely

This will give you total iCUE control, and you won't have to worry about an extra lian li controller or rgb not syncing. You can sync all 8 LL120s, your motherboard, your GPU, and your RAM. You can also buy white individually sleeved cables if you want from corsair.

It's not the most efficient but it also comes with a separate controller that is not yet compatible with iCUE
, which means cable management hell and software management hell as well.

Also if you're spending so much cash on fans, dude, skip the HDD, buy an 860 Evo 2 TB 2.5mm drive, you have 6 (4+2 doubling as 120mm fan) slots on that case plus the HDD cage.

Or you can buy an O11D, which comes without fans, so, you know, just buy 7 fans lol or if there's an h150i white get that and buy 6 more

Solution