[SOLVED] Rgb molex problem

miss b

Reputable
Apr 23, 2015
I recently purchased an rgb fan set that has a female 4 pin molex, my problem is I only have female molex coming from my psu, do I just need to buy a male to male cable to connect it or is there another way to get my rgb's working. Thanks

Solution
Thanks for that info. Look again closely at the Molex connector on the end of the cable from the control box. It is TWO-sided. The intent is that it will "replace" itself so you don't "lose" a PSU Molex outlet. You plug the PSU female Molex output into the male end of that connector. Then the other (female) end gives you a "replacement" female power output to connect to something else if you wish.

This system can NOT connect any of its fans to any mobo headers. ALL of the power supply and control both of fan speeds and of RGB coloured lights displays is done by that central Fan Hub / Controller. To make changes you use the separate remote control box that sends its messages to the Hub, probably by a weak radio signal.

miss b

Reputable
Apr 23, 2015
I recently purchased an rgb fan set that has a female 4 pin molex, my problem is I only have female molex coming from my psu, do I just need to buy a male to male cable to connect it or is there another way to get my rgb's working. Thanks
Just wanted to add that my mb is an asrock b365 Pro 4 and my psu is a corsair tx550m

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
Thanks for that info. Look again closely at the Molex connector on the end of the cable from the control box. It is TWO-sided. The intent is that it will "replace" itself so you don't "lose" a PSU Molex outlet. You plug the PSU female Molex output into the male end of that connector. Then the other (female) end gives you a "replacement" female power output to connect to something else if you wish.

This system can NOT connect any of its fans to any mobo headers. ALL of the power supply and control both of fan speeds and of RGB coloured lights displays is done by that central Fan Hub / Controller. To make changes you use the separate remote control box that sends its messages to the Hub, probably by a weak radio signal.

Reactions: miss b
Solution

miss b

Reputable
Apr 23, 2015

You know that moment when you feel stupid as i tried it all out of the case and it worked, but then when the cables were inside the case and i only saw 1 side of the molex..... Yeah , that happened! Thankyou mate, thought i was going mad for a few hours there! Thanks for the detailed answer