[SOLVED] rgb motherboard recommendation

froggy8

Reputable
Nov 23, 2019
hi guys,

i am so tempted to get the most out of argb lighting that i may get a argb motherboard, now i know i will need to upgrade the rams and cpu but i can still use my gpu but for now i will worry about the components later. just want to see if i can benefit from getting a rgb motherboard first.

so what do you guys think is the best budget argb motherboard please?

many thanks

Solution
I doubt that there are any RGB motherboards for intel 4th gen cpu's.
They released in 2014 ( i believe ), and at that time RGB motherboards were far from popular.
You would need a new modern motherboard with a modern cpu and that will set you back atleast $300.

froggy8

Reputable
Nov 23, 2019
For what cpu?
List full pc specs.
Budget?
hi

my set up is:

Mainboard: ASRock Z87 Extreme 4
Processor: Intel i5 4570S 2.90GHz
Memory: Kingston Hyper Beast 16GB PC3-12800
GPU 1: nVidia GeForce GTX 480
Power: Corsair CX600 Modular
Case: typhoo pro
Hard Disk: Seagate 1TB
ssd: 256gb
hard disk: 2tb

my budget, probably around 100 pound, had a quick look on ebay and alot are around 100.

and as for cpu, im on 4th gen and wouldnt mind abit higher, lets say 7th gen for now?

They released in 2014 ( i believe ), and at that time RGB motherboards were far from popular.
You would need a new modern motherboard with a modern cpu and that will set you back atleast $300.

Reactions: froggy8
Solution

froggy8

Reputable
Nov 23, 2019
you are right, there are no 4th gen rgb motherboard, but i just want to know which rgb mobo i can get for about 100.

i have seen this one:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Asrock-Z...810737&hash=item3b5c1d9773:g:wU4AAOSw8LxgfdSo

this is 120 pound with 2 rgb header and 2 addressable headers. i know i would need to get better/upgraded cu and rams for the updated mobo but i will worry about that later.

just wanted some suggestion is all :)