[SOLVED] RGB on Aorus B550 Motherboard

edzor

Reputable
Aug 12, 2019
I just installed a Aorus B550 Elite V2, and downloaded the RGB Fusion software. I was hoping to also use Aura Creator to control my ram but Aura Creator and Armoury Crate are showing that it can't find any compatible devices. RGB Fusion also isn't detecting memory so I'd be stuck to using iCue to control my ram.
Is there a way to use Asus RGB software without an Asus motherboard? And how can I control my ram through RGB Fusion?

Solution
strange the RAM packaging would include working with Fusion but then aren't recognized. i would contact Gigabyte & Corsair support and see what they have to say.

there's a good chance the memory's RGB options will continue to function without iCUE running, so hopefully it can just be a set & forget type of deal. then you'd only need Fusion running to control the motherboard & AIO.

though things are getting easier with RGB as time goes on, it sucks still having to use multiple programs for a single system theme.
i've currently got EVGA's LED Sync, ASUS Armoury Crate, Logitech Gaming Software, and iCUE installed. LED Sync and Armoury Crate have to continue running for their RGBs to work but the others i've disabled and they still work fine.
as i have seen so far, ASUS' software only supports ASUS components and those that are directly connected through an ASUS motherboard's RGB headers.

using Gigabytes software should also automatically detect any Gigabyte products or those connected to a Gigabyte motherboard's RGB headers. but i really doubt it will allow control of the Corsair RAM.

have you already installed iCUE? it is usually pretty good at detecting and giving control(though maybe limited control) over other manufacturer's RGB products. my ASUS motherboard and LG mouse both show up in iCUE and i can use static colors and basic patterns with them through it.

edzor

Reputable
Aug 12, 2019
as i have seen so far, ASUS' software only supports ASUS components and those that are directly connected through an ASUS motherboard's RGB headers.

using Gigabytes software should also automatically detect any Gigabyte products or those connected to a Gigabyte motherboard's RGB headers. but i really doubt it will allow control of the Corsair RAM.

have you already installed iCUE? it is usually pretty good at detecting and giving control(though maybe limited control) over other manufacturer's RGB products. my ASUS motherboard and LG mouse both show up in iCUE and i can use static colors and basic patterns with them through it.
I have icue installed and can use that. My motherboard and AIO (MSI CoreLiquid 240R) however do not show up. When I purchased the RAM, the box said that it supported icue, rgb fusion, and aura sync. I'm figuring that Aorus/Gigabyte is just very limited with their products and software.

strange the RAM packaging would include working with Fusion but then aren't recognized. i would contact Gigabyte & Corsair support and see what they have to say.

there's a good chance the memory's RGB options will continue to function without iCUE running, so hopefully it can just be a set & forget type of deal. then you'd only need Fusion running to control the motherboard & AIO.

though things are getting easier with RGB as time goes on, it sucks still having to use multiple programs for a single system theme.
i've currently got EVGA's LED Sync, ASUS Armoury Crate, Logitech Gaming Software, and iCUE installed. LED Sync and Armoury Crate have to continue running for their RGBs to work but the others i've disabled and they still work fine.

Solution