[SOLVED] RGB on back of monitor

Nov 19, 2019
I have an Asus ROG Strix XG32VQ monitor which has a round RGB light in the back. Today i noticed that the RGB is very dim on one small part of the circle.

Is this a permanent brake or can something be done to fix it? I purchased it less than a year ago and im not sure how this could even occur.

Any advice or solution is greatly appreciated.

Solution
Asus provides warranty up to 36 months, ive owned it less than 12. Restarting the monitor didnt fix the issue. I thought rgbs were supposed to last alot longer than this, im not even sure if this is worth the warranty trouble.

LEDs have anywhere from 10k hours to 50k hour ratings. Youd have to research the exact led model for your monitor and go from there to determine what yours is.

WITH THAT SAID, every single light that has ever been made in existance, is not 100% reliable. LEDs lifespan is in fact much longer than other light options like Ive stated but that dont mean it cannot die out well before its rated life cycle.

LEDS dont just "die out" like a light bulb in your ceiling or lamp. They start to dim. And get dimmer...
I have an Asus ROG Strix XG32VQ monitor which has a round RGB light in the back. Today i noticed that the RGB is very dim on one small part of the circle.

Is this a permanent brake or can something be done to fix it? I purchased it less than a year ago and im not sure how this could even occur.

Any advice or solution is greatly appreciated.

Lights fail. LED lights have a longer lifespan than most typical lighting options but all lights can start to dim very early into their life cycle.

Unless you know your way around LED's and know how to rewire, and solder, and possibly install boosters into the circuit, then there isnt anything you can do.

If restarting the monitor doesnt fix the issue, the LED itself is just dying. Do you have a warranty?

Nov 19, 2019
Lights fail. LED lights have a longer lifespan than most typical lighting options but all lights can start to dim very early into their life cycle.

Unless you know your way around LED's and know how to rewire, and solder, and possibly install boosters into the circuit, then there isnt anything you can do.

If restarting the monitor doesnt fix the issue, the LED itself is just dying. Do you have a warranty?
Asus provides warranty up to 36 months, ive owned it less than 12. Restarting the monitor didnt fix the issue. I thought rgbs were supposed to last alot longer than this, im not even sure if this is worth the warranty trouble.

Reactions: Jason H.

LEDs have anywhere from 10k hours to 50k hour ratings. Youd have to research the exact led model for your monitor and go from there to determine what yours is.

WITH THAT SAID, every single light that has ever been made in existance, is not 100% reliable. LEDs lifespan is in fact much longer than other light options like Ive stated but that dont mean it cannot die out well before its rated life cycle.

LEDS dont just "die out" like a light bulb in your ceiling or lamp. They start to dim. And get dimmer as they continue to die, which is honestly a great feature of LEDs as it extends the life span.

You have a warranty. Send it it, get it repaired. Or most likely, replaced with a refurb. Good luck brother. Thread solved.

Solution