Rgb on but motherboard wont start

May 12, 2018
I built a new pc with a brand new z370f gaming motherboard (i got it from Turkey when i traveled there) and an i5 8600k. After i finished all the build i tried to boot it for the first time. But nothing happens. The rgb on the mobo is lit but no fans spinning and nothing is happening.
I checked all of my components beside the cpu with the older mobo and everything worked
Pc specs:
Asus z370f gaming
I5 8600k
16gb ram 2400mhz
Gtx 1060 turbo
Sharkoon psu 650 watt
Ps: i am using the intel cooler just to see if its booting coz ive got the corsair water cooling

Solution

I mean wrong installation of your board shouldn't be the problem . If it has to be it would be when u messed up the power connection for the fans or front line power button panel or What I think the case might have fault from the starting but glad you figured that out ! Changing a case is far more cheaper than your whole system !

jatin3489

Commendable
May 5, 2018
Is there anything diplaying on the screen when u boot up !! Also if it Does u might wanna press del at the start , then go to bios and see if UR board is recognising every hardware u have connected !

jatin3489

Commendable
May 5, 2018

Hy
I understand what u mean so this what i want u too do ( Scince i have enocuntered the same prob !
1.Check the back of ur psu if power switch is on
2.Make sure all the connections are rightly done .. for a sec i know its too much work but just doo all the connections again..
3. MAke sure to see the connectiond of the cabinets front panel are done correctly .. Most time the pc doesnt powers on if u havnt inserted the right sockets in the right place .. for the referrance read the motherboard manual ...
Update me if this solvs ur problem

jatin3489

Commendable
May 5, 2018

If u have any freind with a branded powersupply try using it in ur system and see if it does the trick But if it also doesnt do anything !! THen may be UR motherboard is the one causing all problem might suggest to get it RMA or take it the service centre or if bought from a microcentre get it replaced by a new one !

jatin3489

Commendable
May 5, 2018

Lets just hope that ur new psu makes everything ok and do update me if the new psu solves ur problem !!

you have to take it to a shop where they can put in a cpu that will post with your bios rev and update it or your have to rma it to asus for updating or return the mb and ask for one wiht the newest bios. the bios on asus mb is the last 4 number of the mb serial number. some asus mb have usb flashback that lets you update the mb without a cpu from a usb stick.

May 12, 2018
So it was the case that caused the damage. I tried my older mobo outside the case and it worked fine until i put in the case when the exact same issue occurred. I cant get it back to asus coz its a a bad installation by me

jatin3489

Commendable
May 5, 2018

I mean wrong installation of your board shouldn't be the problem . If it has to be it would be when u messed up the power connection for the fans or front line power button panel or What I think the case might have fault from the starting but glad you figured that out ! Changing a case is far more cheaper than your whole system !

Solution

TRENDING THREADS