[SOLVED] RGB RAM malfunction

Sep 16, 2021
There are times when my pc wont boot up and my ram is always the problem. I fixed the problem by exchanging slots of 2 ram or by booting my pc with only 1 ram and placing the other one back after. After I clean my pc, both of my ram are not lighting up normally. The 2nd slot is blinking and the other ram in 4th slot is busted. However, my pc still read them as 16gb. I tried to boot my pc with only single ram stick vice versa but the other one cant boot (the busted rgb one).

specs:
x2- 8gb hyperx predator ddr4 rgb 3000mhz
b450-f
ryzen 1700x
rx vega 64

Solution
There are times when my pc wont boot up and my ram is always the problem. I fixed the problem by exchanging slots of 2 ram or by booting my pc with only 1 ram and placing the other one back after. After I clean my pc, both of my ram are not lighting up normally. The 2nd slot is blinking and the other ram in 4th slot is busted. However, my pc still read them as 16gb. I tried to boot my pc with only single ram stick vice versa but the other one cant boot (the busted rgb one).

specs:
b450-f
ryzen 1700x
rx vega 64
Try these step by step:
  • Disconnect from internet.
  • Uninstall all the processors on device manager (should be 16 on yours) like this...

specs:
b450-f
ryzen 1700x
rx vega 64
Try these step by step:
  • Uninstall all the processors on device manager (should be 16 on yours) like this:
    unknown.png
  • Restart the pc to bios, and update to the latest bios(download, extract the files and copy it to flashdrive, plug it on top rear usb slot then reboot to bios and flash the bios). Then go to bios again after update and load default or optimized settings.

• boot up to windows and install the latest AMD Chipset driver, reboot and connect to internet.

*do this all offline until reboot after installing amd chipset driver, also you may reboot to bios after all of this to set the XMP (and manual tune the timing if you want), make sure your ram is on slot 2 and/or 4 (use 1 stick for updating the bios on slot 2). Download needed files (highlighted word) before doing step 1

Solution
Sep 16, 2021
Try these step by step:
  • Uninstall all the processors on device manager (should be 16 on yours) like this:
    unknown.png
  • Restart the pc to bios, and update to the latest bios(download, extract the files and copy it to flashdrive, plug it on top rear usb slot then reboot to bios and flash the bios). Then go to bios again after update and load default or optimized settings.

• boot up to windows and install the latest AMD Chipset driver, reboot and connect to internet.

*do this all offline until reboot after installing amd chipset driver, also you may reboot to bios after all of this to set the XMP (and manual tune the timing if you want), make sure your ram is on slot 2 and/or 4 (use 1 stick for updating the bios on slot 2). Download needed files (highlighted word) before doing step 1

Thank you for your response but I think it will take some time for me to update my bios because of power interruption in my area due to bad weather. ill update you once the sky is clear.

Reactions: Koekieezz