[SOLVED] RGB software not working?

Dec 5, 2018
Hello, so i recently installed a 3-1 rgb splitter into my PC (a coolermaster one) and i instaleed the software and the software sasys i need to install the CM device in order to change the ligths? pleaase help as i am noto ne for rainbows!!
Tom

Solution
You "installed a 3-1 rgb splitter". How have you connected that and the RGB devices attached to it?

First thing to check. The RGB and Splitter cables have a line of four holes and pins, but MAYBE your is missing one of the pins / holes Check the markings 0on the connectors, and there should be a mark for a 12V or someting. Make sure each female (with holes) connector from the lighting units is plugged into the Splitter the right way around with the marks matching.

Now, IF you connected that to a RGB Controller Hub by Cooler Master and supplied with the case, then check the connections to it. Again, ensure matching marks on the connectors. Such a device usually needs two additional cables attached. One goes to a SATA power output...

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
You "installed a 3-1 rgb splitter". How have you connected that and the RGB devices attached to it?

First thing to check. The RGB and Splitter cables have a line of four holes and pins, but MAYBE your is missing one of the pins / holes Check the markings 0on the connectors, and there should be a mark for a 12V or someting. Make sure each female (with holes) connector from the lighting units is plugged into the Splitter the right way around with the marks matching.

Now, IF you connected that to a RGB Controller Hub by Cooler Master and supplied with the case, then check the connections to it. Again, ensure matching marks on the connectors. Such a device usually needs two additional cables attached. One goes to a SATA power output connector from the PSU for power, and another goes to a mobo USB2 header. The Cooler Master software utility uses that USB2 connection cable to communicate with the RGB Hub.

On the other hand, IF you connected the RGB Splitter to a mobo RGB header, the FIRST thing to do is make sure you matched the RGB lighting system type to the header type. There are two different systems. IF the RGB devices are a 3-pin system called ADDRESSABLE RGB or ADDR RGB or ARGB, then you MUST connect them to a 3-pin mobo header. It looks like it has space for four pins in a straight line, but with one pin missing. The other system has a mobo header with all four pins, and if you plug a 3-pin light system into that it can ruin your lights. IF your lighting units have 4 pins in a row, then they must connect to a 4-pin mobo plain RGB header - not an ADDR RGB 3-pin header. NEXT, once you check that, and again IF you have connected your lights and Splitter to a mobo header, then you do not use the Cooler Master software tool. Instead you use the software that came with your mobo to control its on-board RGB header.

Solution
Dec 5, 2018

So i connected the 4 pin the wrong way the first time and nwow is working. Howevere CM software doesnt recognise the controllrer but can operate the RGB fine with the MoBo osftware. Much aprecicated paperdoc