gamerbrehdy

Honorable
Jun 15, 2018
hi, i have a computer containing a ASUS PRIME Z270-K, which does not have any (A)RGB headers (i know, a SHAME!). im running asus aura just for controlling the tridentz rgb lights in my computer, nothing else. but im planning on buying a full custom loop with a triple fan radiator.

the fans i'll use are 3 CoolerMaster fans. and because of the lack of RGB headers on my mobo, im stuck with the little RGB hub. fortunately, i found out the hub can be connected via usb to my computer, so that i can use CoolerMaster MasterPlus to control the rgb in the fans (without using the buttons on the hub).

BUT!!!! i also want to use asus aura to controll the rgb in my rgb ram sticks.

so the main question: will CoolerMaster MasterPlus and ASUS AURA work fine next to each other or will the two clash with each other resulting in breaking both the programs, where after they wont work anymore?

gamerbrehdy

Honorable
Jun 15, 2018
I never heard of RGB with RAM. To me RGB means Red Green Blue. Please explain.

rgb RAM, just RAM sticks with rgb on them:
https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwjD0LjHn5jhAhUQK1AKHcGRDTsQjRx6BAgBEAU&url=https://www.pbtech.co.nz/product/MEMGSK32030/GSKILL-Trident-Z-RGB-F4-3200C16D-16GTZR-16GB-2-x-8&psig=AOvVaw2f90XIyQdGVBX4GGYv75pb&ust=1553429921166782

the only problem is that the rgb on those RAM sticks uses an different program then the fans. i just want to be sure that the two programs work fine together instead of breaking each other for some reason.

(rgb controll for the ram is going through the RAM-slots, the rgb controller for the fans is going through a usb to the rgb hub, which then goes to the fans)

Sep 8, 2020
Could you share what is the hub you referred to in your original note?

’hub can be connected via usb to my computer, so that i can use CoolerMaster MasterPlus to control the rgb in the fans (without using the buttons on the hub).”

I just bought the Coolermaster ARGB Sickleflow but my mobo doesn’t have a RGB header and would like to use Masterplus software to control the fans without using the small physical plastic control that came with the 3 fans bundle.