[SOLVED] RGB Splitter and Aura Sync

Jan 27, 2019
So I am looking forward to building an RGB computer
(this is the pcpartpicker list https://pcpartpicker.com/user/Qicboy47/saved/nmQQZL)
So I have counted all the RGB connectors I need 7

• 1 from the Airgoo RGB strips
    3 from the RGB fans on the front of the case
    2 from the water cooler fans
The motherboard I am using (Asus Strix B350 F Gaming) has 2 aura sync RGB ports so I will need a splitter. I am looking for a splitter to use and I also want to know if I can still individually control each RGB part if I use a splitter. I am not that new to computers and parts I have built 1 pc in the past and watch videos about computers every day. But I am new to RGB. If someone can help it would be greatly appreciated.

Solution
You need to be careful not to fry your board by overloading those addressable headers. What is the amperage for the headers? You will need to add the total Amperage from all those fans and it should be no more than 80% of the total Amp of the header. Make sense? don't think I explained that very well.

As for individual control of the lights, every fan you put on the same splitter will show the same colour. Because the splitter is technically 1 connection, multiple fans connected to 1 splitter will be the same colour. The only way to have control over each individual light is to have a separate connection for each, which obviously wont work because you only have the 2 headers.
Aug 27, 2018
You need to be careful not to fry your board by overloading those addressable headers. What is the amperage for the headers? You will need to add the total Amperage from all those fans and it should be no more than 80% of the total Amp of the header. Make sense? don't think I explained that very well.

As for individual control of the lights, every fan you put on the same splitter will show the same colour. Because the splitter is technically 1 connection, multiple fans connected to 1 splitter will be the same colour. The only way to have control over each individual light is to have a separate connection for each, which obviously wont work because you only have the 2 headers.

Solution