Question RGB string starts with a white flash, then constant red ?

crooked windows

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2013
Have a generic 5m RGB string (split into 2 levels, 1 above desk & 1 around desk) which is connected to PC via LED driver built into the PC, worked fine with remote for years but have revamped PC setup including lighting in process.

It was wired so that when the upper set turned blue the lower set turned green. When I reconnected now I undid this quirk so all should be the same but now when turned on it flashes full intensity White and a second later it locks on Red. I have to turn LED driver off as the remote does nada. Remote battery is 3.2v. Will Having wires crossed or shorted somewhere cause this by any chance? Don't want my room in permanent DEFCON level mode. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Ralston18

Titan
Revamped PC: what all was changed: hardware, software, configurations?

What LED driver?

Source?

The driver may need to be reinstalled or updated. Do so manually - no third party tools or installers.

Or if the driver is no longer available or supported then you may need to consider other RGB options.

crooked windows

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2013
Revamped PC: what all was changed: hardware, software, configurations?

What LED driver?

Source?

The driver may need to be reinstalled or updated. Do so manually - no third party tools or installers.

Or if the driver is no longer available or supported then you may need to consider other RGB options.
Drivers for LEDs as in power units, not the soft version, sorry. I think there maybe a DMX address corruption. I am hoping that ALL red on a RGB string points to a specific cause & super easy to fix. If I can find the other controller that came with it it will eliminate that as culprit cause. I'll get a new battery tomorrow and double check it, public holiday today. my 1st Kings Birthday :) Re checking all the wiring will be a nightmare so thats last to check :(