[SOLVED] RGB strip recommendation

Sep 15, 2018
So I am going to get an RGB strip for my computer. The problem is, I already have 2 LED case fans that are stuck green. Should I replace those fans with non RGB fans or will the RGB strip and the fans look “cool” together? My GPU is also RGB. I know this isn’t really a hardware problem but I just wanted someone else’s opinion. Thanks!

Solution
What you are asking is very subjective. All you can do is get the strips and see if you like it. I would go with Bit Fenix alchemy 2.0 strips. They are magnetic, so you can easily try different locations, and not worry about it not sticking, once you get it how you want it.

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
You don't provide enough info to be sure about this. We would need to know what mobo maker and exact model number you have, and same maker / model into for those fans. What I can suspect from your description is that you have fans with Addressable RGB (aka ADDR RGB or ARGB) lighting units in them, as opposed to plain RGB system. Those are two incompatible systems. One symptom of an ADDR RGB lighting system that only shows green all the time is that it is getting power but no control signals.

Whether you can control the RGB effects on your existing fans depends on what type of RGB header your mobo has. That also will determine what it might be able to control for the lighting STRIPS you want, so you need to know that before buying.

logainofhades

Titan
What you are asking is very subjective. All you can do is get the strips and see if you like it. I would go with Bit Fenix alchemy 2.0 strips. They are magnetic, so you can easily try different locations, and not worry about it not sticking, once you get it how you want it.

Solution