Question RGB

Jun 22, 2021
1. My motherboard's (Maximus XI Hero Wi-Fi) lower LED (Strix Logo) is kind of out, but not really. When I turn the machine off, it'll illuminate the blue I want but when the system is actually on, it won't. I've tried reinstalling Armoury Crate/Aura Creator but that doesn't solve anything. I am thinking it is a software issue but not really sure what to do about it. Similiar issue with my Asus ROG terminal. The color is just slightly off in some colors. I just need some advice on how to deal with LEDs being off at times. Something more than reinstalling the software over and over.

2. Is anyone familiar with the Asus ROG terminal? I just want an idea of how much each header can take power wise. I am looking for 3 pin ARGB splitters and just don't want to blow it up. I'm going to be adding 4 RGB case fans to my PC and probably 6 ARGB panels. So, that's 10 extra headers I'd need. What would be the suggested setup for power management? How many per header is ideal? I believe each RGB panel and fan is 5V each.

Case: Asus Rog Helios
Motherboard: Asus Maximus XI Hero Wi-Fi
Fans: Lian Li Bora-Digital RGB (4 total. One for rear exhaust and 3 front intakes)

Panels: https://www.etsy.com/listing/770961...f=sr_gallery-1-1&organic_search_click=1&bes=1

Last edited:

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

PSU: make, model, wattage, age, condition

Case make and model?

Fans, panels, etc. - make and models? Power/wattage and voltage requirements?

Read the specification and installation documents for all components to be installed.

Likely that there are any number of warnings and other caveats restricting or limiting the RGB connections you have in mind.

Take the time to sketch out your wiring plan/diagram. Wire by wire, pin by pin per the documentation.

Leave nothing in question. Verify everything.