Question RGBF-S12001 | Possible voltage, MOBO, PSU issues

Aug 15, 2020
Hello, I created an account on here to specifically ask for advice on a custom build I am doing for my brother pertaining to fans and fan controller issues.

Case: ThermalTake VG250 GT
MOBO: Asus Z97-K
CPU: i-5 4670K
PSU: ANTEC 650W Gold-Certified
Video Card: EVGA RTX 2070 Super
O.S.: Windows 10
Additonal Case Fans: Rosewill 3-pack RGBF-S12001

Background: Originally, I used the included fan controller that came with the case, however after installing everything and powering on the computer successfully, I noticed the circuit board for the fan controller became extremely hot, to such a degree that the SATA Power cable wiring melted the wire casing and then shorted and broke the wiring altogether leaving me no power to the 3 front panel case fans.
I purchased online from Rosewill the 3-pack RGBF-S12001 to not only add additional case fans to the computer to improve cooling and performance, but also because it came with a new fan controller.
My issues arose when after double checking and making sure all the correct cables were plugged into the right spots based on what the included manual said, that the computer would suddenly no longer power on. I tried unplugging the power to the fan controller and the computer would then power on normally. However, after reconnecting the power to the Rosewill fan controller, the PSU would power the rest of the computer on for less than a second then completely turn off. I so have 2 out of the 3 Rosewill fans connected to the Rosewill provided fan controller, as well as the 3 front case fans plugged in also to it.

Is there a voltage issue I am unaware of? There is no overheating or shorting that is occurring, just the computer turning on then off in less than a second when SATA Power cable is connected to the Rosewill fan controller. Any advice and help would be great!

Thank you so much!

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts