RH 6.0 or 7?

G

I purchased RedHat 6.0 about a year ago. It took me some time to get it configured for my system (im still kind of a newbie)... finally got TNT setup (now I have a Geforce DDR), got my SBLive working, my modem and dial-up. Unfortunatly, My MBR went bad and I lost access to both Linux and Windows. I had my improtant stuff(ie, GAMES) on my Windows drive so I restored it. Unfortunatly I can no longer access Linux. Partition Magic says my partition is bad on my Linux drive so I need to reinstall everything.

Finally, my question is, should I stay with 6.0, and do everything I did before, or should I just get RedHat 7.0 since it has built-in support for my hardware and also supports USB? Seems like I'd have less of a headache with 7.0. Thanks in advance.

P.S. Im not really interested in any other distro's... I like redhat's support.

G

I wouldn't give up on the Linux partition data. Try booting from a linux floppy (maybe one of the micro distributions) or cd, and then try to mount the affected partitions. Maybe fsck it. Of course, if you don't care about the data there, it may not be worth the trouble.

As for RedHat versions...
You'll definitely see an improvement going to 6.2, but I'm not sure I'd jump all the way to 7.0. I've heard it is pretty buggy. You might wait for 7.1. You might also want to wait for the 2.4 kernel as well.
Eric