Rhythmic 'jumping' of CPU Temp - 7600k

ouroesa

Prominent
May 4, 2017
Hey peeps. Long time reader, first time poster :heink:

I recently got an i5-7600k with an Evo 212x cooler, Noctua NT-H1 thermal paste, Asus Rog Strix 270H mobo and 16GB of Corsair Vengeance Platinum memory. I have (auto) overclocked the CPU to 4.7GHz with a v core of 1.4ish V (I know it's a bit high but have not had time yet to manually overclock, will probably do it this weekend).

When stress testing the CPU, the temperature constantly 'jumps' by about 15degrees C (58-73C) in a rhythmic pattern. Is this normal? I have a uploaded a pic here - http://imgur.com/a/Kpzu3

I will try to post a video to show fluctuation of voltages etc.

Solution
Temperature fluctuate during stress tests. The temp will lower when it goes to the next stage then raise back up.

The temps in that picture are way higher then what you typed. Your temps are high 88c on core 4 for example, because you have a high overclock on that cpu with a heat sink that is not up to the task. You need a better cooling solution.

urbancamper

Distinguished
Temperature fluctuate during stress tests. The temp will lower when it goes to the next stage then raise back up.

The temps in that picture are way higher then what you typed. Your temps are high 88c on core 4 for example, because you have a high overclock on that cpu with a heat sink that is not up to the task. You need a better cooling solution.

Solution

ouroesa

Prominent
May 4, 2017
I actually think you are 100% correct. Seems to be that specific test. Using prime95, it stays at a solid 73 degrees.

The max temps that you see are from a higher overclock witch I lowered back to 4.8GHz due to the high temps. I neglected to clear the history before taking a screen grab. I am planning to get an AIO liquid cooler when I have saved some cash, little broke after the upgrade.