[SOLVED] Ribon cable ripped - Iphone 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

davidkaracic98

Prominent
May 13, 2018
When i opened my iphone 7 i accidentally ripped the blqck rbbon cable that is connecting display to mobile, Its located at the top and its protected by tiny socket and it just broke at half, I want to know what is that cable and how much money will it cost to fix it

Solution
Yes, it's because you destroyed that cable. You may also have caused other problems, but there's no way to know without taking it to a shop. And, be prepared for Apple to tell you that it's not repairable and they will only sell you a new phone. No other options at this point.
Take it to an Apple Store, they are the only authorized service entity, though there are others if you are willing to ship your phone and wait.

First two that come to mind:

Yes, it's because you destroyed that cable. You may also have caused other problems, but there's no way to know without taking it to a shop. And, be prepared for Apple to tell you that it's not repairable and they will only sell you a new phone. No other options at this point.

Solution

davidkaracic98

Prominent
May 13, 2018
Now i figured I didnt connect the battery, and now its working but there is one big ans little white lines but i can use it and its working but my phone wont close on the top side there is a little space, anyway thanks for your help and sorry that i bothered you i will take it to the apple store later

Status
Not open for further replies.