[SOLVED] Ricoh c3003 scanner issues

Christianvig94

Commendable
Nov 17, 2016
So at my work we have this Ricoh c3003 printer. We got a new employee who was given the computer of an old employee. When I went in to set up the function on the printer so that you can scan documents to the computer from the printer, it won't complete the set up. I have input everything the same way I do with other computers (Create a shared folder on the C: drive, go into the address book on the printer, find the computer name in the work group, put in the login information, put in the folder destination, then go to test the connection, and a message comes up saying it can't connect. The computer is running windows 7, same as the other computers on the network, the computer login information is being typed in correctly, the destination path is put in correctly also. The network discovery and file and print sharing is turned on also. Why won't the printer connect to this computer?

Need some details about the setup, are the computers on a domain? Did you verify user rights match between the two users?
This setup is much better done with a server share or NAS rather than some file on the local computer.
Without actually being there to check on how you setup rights and how the network is setup it's pretty much impossible to know why it's not connecting.

Christianvig94

Commendable
Nov 17, 2016

Sorry I forgot to follow up to this. Turns out there was a Windows update that caused issues with being able to set up new folders with the Ricoh 3000 machines. Got linked to a download catalog for Windows updates that had the fix I needed.

Christianvig94

Commendable
Nov 17, 2016
Windows update caused issues with being able to set up new folders to scan to on the desk computer. Got linked to a catalog of updates to download and install one.

Solution