Question Ridiculous hdd usage for no reason?

rustynetwork

Commendable
Apr 20, 2017
I just formatted my pc and this ** over and over again wth is sysmain?? Its basicly abusing the ** of my hdd for no reason is there any specific app that triggers it or what how so i disable it and what exactly does it do ????

Last edited by a moderator:

rustynetwork

Commendable
Apr 20, 2017
thanks for the reply man :) but could you please explain to me if you know what actually it does to my system ? any downsides for disabling it ?

Colif

Titan
Is it safe to disable SuperFetch? Yes! There is no risk of side effects if you decide to turn it off. Our recommendation is that if your system is running well, leave it on. If you have issues with high HDD usage, high RAM usage, or degraded performance during RAM-heavy activities, then try turning it off and see if it helps. If it does, keep it off. Otherwise, turn it back on.
https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/what-is-superfetch/

Reactions: rustynetwork

AllanGH

Commendable
Mar 10, 2019
Superfetch is a required service for utilizing ReadyBoost and, if you are using SSDs in the system, you don't need it. Disable it through the services tab in Administrative Management tools.

If, on the other hand, you DO need ReadyBoost, it should be configured on a USB flash drive, or a small--essentially disposable--secondary SSD (on which you can place the PageFile).

Reactions: rustynetwork

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS