[SOLVED] Rift S perfomance boost?

Oct 7, 2020
Hello Crudewildfire here and I have a few
Questions regarding my Rift S and how I can run it for optimal performance using my current build

I Have:
EVGA 1080TI SC2
Ryzen 5 3600X
32 GB (16X2) DRR4 3200 (Running at the xmp preset [I think that's how you call that...?]
2 [1tb] SSDs one for regular programs one for where I store games

It runs really well but I wanted to know if I could boost performance without sacrificing quality
And if not is there a way I could boost the quality of what is being displayed

I run my games through steam vr mostly (if its not in the oculus store which I dont have any)

Here are the games that I play if it helps any
Blade & sorcery
Pavlov
The forest vr
Skyrim VR
Boneworks
Thrill of the fight
Any help is greatly apreciated

Solution
Questions regarding my Rift S and how I can run it for optimal performance using my current build

I Have:
EVGA 1080TI SC2
Ryzen 5 3600X
32 GB (16X2) DRR4 3200 (Running at the xmp preset [I think that's how you call that...?]

It runs really well but I wanted to know if I could boost performance without sacrificing quality

I run my games through steam vr mostly (if its not in the oculus store which I dont have any)

Blade & sorcery
Pavlov
The forest vr
Skyrim VR
Boneworks
Thrill of the fight
Any help...

I Have:
EVGA 1080TI SC2
Ryzen 5 3600X

Blade & sorcery
Pavlov
The forest vr
Skyrim VR
Boneworks
Thrill of the fight
Any help is greatly apreciated

It depends on the game. But you're going to have to give up something for performance. Oversampling or resolution or details. No free lunches Im afraid.

That said you should hit the 80Hz target with most if not all games. Turn on the performance meter in steam vr and see if it stays below the reprojection line. If you hit the ,0125 ms frame time or below try upping the render resolution.

Solution