[SOLVED] Rift S with only one port

Chris Page

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2014
Unfortuntly the only port i have on my computer is a display port (i damaged my hdmi port) is there a way to install the rift s with only a display port? Im asking because i cant use it and the monitor at the same time

Solution
D
What type of connections does Oculus Rift S need to connect to my computer?

Your Oculus Rift S uses USB 3.0 and DisplayPort connectors to connect to your computer. We've listed the different options that you can and can't use to connect your Rift S below:

Supported Connections

• DisplayPort Connection: You can connect your Oculus Rift S to any DisplayPort port that is directly connected to a discrete GPU.
  • Mini DisplayPort Connection: You can connect your Oculus Rift S to any Mini DisplayPort port that is directly connected to a discrete GPU using the mDP → DP adapter included with your Rift S.
Unsupported Connections

• Mini DisplayPort Connection with third party adapter: Currently, the only mDP → DP...
D

Deleted member 362816

What type of connections does Oculus Rift S need to connect to my computer?

Your Oculus Rift S uses USB 3.0 and DisplayPort connectors to connect to your computer. We've listed the different options that you can and can't use to connect your Rift S below:

Supported Connections

• DisplayPort Connection: You can connect your Oculus Rift S to any DisplayPort port that is directly connected to a discrete GPU.
  • Mini DisplayPort Connection: You can connect your Oculus Rift S to any Mini DisplayPort port that is directly connected to a discrete GPU using the mDP → DP adapter included with your Rift S.
Unsupported Connections

• Mini DisplayPort Connection with third party adapter: Currently, the only mDP → DP adapter certified to work is the one provided with your Rift S. If other adapters are used, we cannot guarantee functionality or performance.
  • HDMI Connection with third party adapter: Currently, there are no known adapters that will work from HDMI → DP. If this changes, we’ll update this article to include any supported adapters. Until then, we don't recommend trying to use Rift S with any PC or laptop that does not have a DisplayPort port or Mini DisplayPort port.
  • USB Type-C Connection with third party adapter: Currently, we cannot make any recommendations for USB-C → DP. If this changes, we’ll update this article to include any supported adapters.
  • In order to ensure basic functionality, any display port used to connect Rift S needs to be directly connected to a discrete GPU.
How do I know if my PC is compatible with Oculus Rift S?

We recommend reviewing our list of Oculus Ready Certified PCs when looking for a new Rift S compatible PC and/or laptop.

Solution