[SOLVED] Rig will post in the shop, not at my home (two separate trips to confirm).

Nov 30, 2020
Hey everyone,

First time poster looking for some HALP!!

I build my rig about two years ago, and just threw in a new 5600x cpu and i cannot get it to post. I troubleshooted myself for about 10-12 hours before bringing it into the shop. Once there it posted immeidately and i could log in with no issues. As soon as i got home, same thing would not post. 5-6 hours later i brought it back into the shop, and same thing posted 4-5 times with zero issues. My spouses pc is next to mine, and is working with no issue (and she has a larger power supply). When i tried plugging my set up into her connections same thing, would not post.

System:
MSI 570 MEG ACE (bios fully updated to support 5600x)
Ryzen 5600x
2080 super EVGA Black
Trident royal 3200 CL 16-19-19
Roswell 750W PSU
Samsung evo 1tb
Windows 10 fully up to date

What i have done so far:
tried booting on a different level of my house in different sockets.
three different monitors, using different cords
alternated mouse /keyboard (plugging nothing else in other than keyboard / mouse /plug)

I cannot reset the bios as the MOBO would no longer run the CPU.

At first i thought it may have been the PSU, but did not think it would make sense that it booted in the shop without issue.

Solution
OK, so i replaced the CPU with the original and it was doing the same thing.

I started reseating each piece one by one, and after cleaning my ram slots, resetting bios and reenabling XMP seems to have solved it.

Fingers crossed, thanks again for your help!
Nov 30, 2020
Hey rocktalkrock,

By post i mean, everything spins up but nothing displays to my monitor (tried 3 monitors, 5 different cords and 2 video cards).

Do you mean the two digit code? It goes to A9.

I just found an exciting update as well. I left i unplugged for several hours, then it would post (got to my login screen) but my keyboard would not function. Tried restarting again and it would not post again.

This leads me to think it is my PSU, but that is wild speculation at this point.

Hey rocktalkrock,

By post i mean, everything spins up but nothing displays to my monitor (tried 3 monitors, 5 different cords and 2 video cards).

Do you mean the two digit code? It goes to A9.

I just found an exciting update as well. I left i unplugged for several hours, then it would post (got to my login screen) but my keyboard would not function. Tried restarting again and it would not post again.

This leads me to think it is my PSU, but that is wild speculation at this point.
If your 5600x is brand new do you still have your old CPU to switch back in for testing?

Nov 30, 2020
OK, so i replaced the CPU with the original and it was doing the same thing.

I started reseating each piece one by one, and after cleaning my ram slots, resetting bios and reenabling XMP seems to have solved it.

Fingers crossed, thanks again for your help!

Reactions: rocktalkrock
Solution