Question Right Analog Stick Drift

alireza-6909

Prominent
Sep 5, 2020
hi

my dualshock 4 controller has stick drift in its right stick. i have the controller for 2 years. six months ago it had 5% drift toward down and over 3 months it increased to 15%. after changing the potentiometer it reverts to 5% drift. now it has 15% drift but changing the whole analog stick doesn't fix it completely and again it has 5% drift!

if it isn't the right stick then which part cause this problem?

tnx

Last edited:

alireza-6909

Prominent
Sep 5, 2020
My thought is that the right stick potentiometer has developed a bad spot over time; i.e., 2 1/2 years.

You may be able to replace the potentiometer.

FYI (not a specific product recommendation or endorsement).

https://www.ifixit.com/Parts/DualShock_4

You can google as necessary for other similar product links.

Maybe look for some online videos showing how to do the actual replacement.

i had replaced potentiometer 3 months ago. even changing the whole analog stick yesterday didn't work. it still has 5% drift and soon it will be 15% again!

which parts (other than analog stick) can cause drift?

did you try to calibrate it?
If you experience joystick control issues, commonly referred to as 'stick drift', perform the following calibration steps to resolve:

1. After ensuring your controller is unplugged from your PS4 console/PC, slide the controller mode switch to PS4 USB.
  2. Set all trigger locks to T1.
  3. Hold the OPTION button down (DO NOT RELEASE), then press the PS button. (The LED will turn Green.)
  4. Next, connect the controller to a PlayStation console USB port or to a PC via USB cable (LED will be still be Green).
  5. Press L2 and R3 to max physical distance 3 times in a row, and rotate both joysticks with max physical distance 3 times (LED will turn off).
  6. Tap the Share button once, the LED will flash Green 3 times then turn off. This means the calibration been successfully completed.

TRENDING THREADS