Question Right-angle USB 3.2 header adapter required - very low profile

Jun 25, 2021
I have a Maximus xiii extreme motherboard - overall super happy with it except that the USB 3.2 Gen2x2 header - the fastest USB C header on the board, sits right underneath the PCI-1 slot for the graphics card. Moving the card is not an option due to PCI bus sharing issues with the NVMe. My EVGA 2080 Super Hybrid hangs over the header, with only about 4mm of clearance. I found some right angle header adapters on Amazon, but those are too high. I found a right angle cable made by LINKUP on Amazon, that is almost low-profile enough but not quite. I sanded down the plastic on the right-angle but the hit the wires just a bit before I could get the card to seat properly.

Is anyone aware of a very low-profile adapter for a USB 3.2 header? It seems silly that ASUS would put a vertical connector right at the graphics card - I would suspect this would be a common issue making that header unusable for anyone with an oversized graphics card, which I would expect would be the majority of users with this board. Sigh.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS