Right Angled or flexible PWRLED connectors

mburckhard

Reputable
Mar 29, 2014
My setup is pretty tight on space and when I add a second GPU I am either too close to the primary card which really gets things cooking! It also rubs on the wires connected to the USB headers underneath the card.
Or if I move down a PCIx slot to allow for more airspace, my PWRLED connectors protrude too high to allow my GPU to even seat into the PCIx.

Has anyone ever seen a right-anlge or flexible PWRLED conncetor that I can use to get these out of the way of the GPU?

Here are my system specs if it helps:
Case: NZXT M59
MB: EVGA X58 FTW3, i7 940 with H100i, RAM, couple HDDs and SDD
GPUs: XFX Radeon 7970 GHz (x2 hopefully)

Solution
If you remove the actual connectors you can file off part of the plastic housing. I do not know how much you need.

Most of those remove just by lifting a tab(with care because they can snap)
removeconnectorop3.jpg

Filing can give you a bit of space on the back side(if you go too far, metal will stick out). You may be able to take a bit off of the plug end, but watch out since it keeps the connectors from sliding too far in some cases.

ktriebol

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2013
Is it only the LED for the power switch that is causing the issue? Unless you really want to have that light working, just leave it disconnected. That's what I did because the light was too annoying. Of course if the issue involves the leads for the power switch as well, they must remain connected. I just wasn't sure if you meant the LED only or the power switch wires too.

If you remove the actual connectors you can file off part of the plastic housing. I do not know how much you need.

Most of those remove just by lifting a tab(with care because they can snap)
removeconnectorop3.jpg

Filing can give you a bit of space on the back side(if you go too far, metal will stick out). You may be able to take a bit off of the plug end, but watch out since it keeps the connectors from sliding too far in some cases.

Solution
That plastic goes rather fast, I would recommend a file as it is not as fast.

Take your time. I actually shorted them a bit on my case because it was just hitting an all on one liquid cooler(yeah, Not the ideal place to put one, but I had little choice(Image of why I had little choice in placement :) ).