Using Windows XP SP2 -- from the desktop or file system (My Computer or
Explorer) if selecting multiple files (any extension, *.doc, *.txt for
example), right-click and select "Open" nothing happens. But if only one
file is selected, the appropriate application will launch and the file will
open. Any thoughts on how to fix this issue. Thank you in advance for your

Hi Diamonds,

Follow "Method 2" in this article:

Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User