Right click menu

Win XP Home

After installing fresh programs I find that some are
featured in the menu which appears when I "Right Click"
Also shown are some programmes which I have deleted.
Is there a way to edit the list shown when right click is made. ?

kgm

Hi,

Click start/run, type regedit and click ok. The entries are under these keys
(which depends on where you are seeing the context menu):

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\OpenWithList
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\Background\shellex
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Drive\shell
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Drive\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Folder\shell
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Folder\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"kgm" <justins@TAKESOCKSOFFsidcliffe.wanadoo.co.uk> wrote in message
> Win XP Home
>
> After installing fresh programs I find that some are
> featured in the menu which appears when I "Right Click"
> Also shown are some programmes which I have deleted.
> Is there a way to edit the list shown when right click is made. ?
>
> kgm

Byte

Right Click Context Menus - Deleting entries

Customizing Right-Click Menu Options in Windows
http://www.jfitz.com/tips/rclick_custom.html

ContextEdit lets you control which items appear on your context menu
(right-click) in Windows Explorer.

Add, Modify, Disable, Delete Context Menu Listings (Line 23)

"kgm" wrote:

> Win XP Home
>
> After installing fresh programs I find that some are
> featured in the menu which appears when I "Right Click"
> Also shown are some programmes which I have deleted.
> Is there a way to edit the list shown when right click is made. ?
>
> kgm

Thank you both for prompt and relevant answers.

kgm