Right graphics card for my motherboard ASUSTeK Computer INC. P5N-T DELUXE 1.XX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maia_96

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2011
Motherboard I have in my computer is ASUSTeK Computer INC. P5N-T DELUXE 1.XX. please let me know what graphics card I can buy. This is my sons old computer, I do not want to play any games just to watch some videos and brows the internet.

I would like tu upgrade memory as well. I have to PCI slots and just two 2048MB memory sticks.

Please advise of suitable graphics card as this one is dying and what is the max memory I can put in and how much it would cost.

many thanks

Maia

Solution
:hello: Maia. Welcome to the forums.

You should not post your email address in an open forum. Any replies will be to this thread. And if you want to send a message to one of use, you can send a private message by clicking on the green envelope under your user name.

Video card - if all you are going to do is browse the internet and look at video (in other words, basic computer stuff), any inexpensive PCIe card will do. Something like a Geforce210 or Radeon HD5450 will work nicely.

If you spend more than the equivalent of $50 US, you have bought more card than you need. :)

Memory - if you have 4 GB of RAM (that's 2 2048MB memory sticks) and a 32 bit operating system (very likely because it is an old computer), you cannot use...
:hello: Maia. Welcome to the forums.

You should not post your email address in an open forum. Any replies will be to this thread. And if you want to send a message to one of use, you can send a private message by clicking on the green envelope under your user name.

Video card - if all you are going to do is browse the internet and look at video (in other words, basic computer stuff), any inexpensive PCIe card will do. Something like a Geforce210 or Radeon HD5450 will work nicely.

If you spend more than the equivalent of $50 US, you have bought more card than you need. :)

Memory - if you have 4 GB of RAM (that's 2 2048MB memory sticks) and a 32 bit operating system (very likely because it is an old computer), you cannot use more memory than you already have installed until you upgrade to a 64 bit operating system.

Solution

Maia_96

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2011

Thanks a lot for the advise. I bought new graphics card for $50 AUD and my computer works just fine.
How do I remove me email address? ups I am not that comp literate... or maybe it is better to say I am rusty a bit....

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.