Question Right now, mine is the fastest system per CPU-Z. Is this possible?

Jul 1, 2021
I recently built a system around the 11600k. A lowish end ASRock B560, Crucial Ballistix/Micron 3200 16-18-18-38(?), and Samsung 980 Pro. The rest is all pretty garden variety.

Anyway, because this is my first build in a very, very long time, I installed CPU-Z to verify that I understood all this Intel/XMP/Gear this and that memory stuff correctly, and that it was operating as expected.

It was.

Out of idle curiousity, I ran the benchmarks and submitted the results. When I was brought to CPU-Z's website, they informed me that mine was the fastest system thus far benched and submitted.

This seems a dubious proposition to me, especially when it seems that I edged out a Ryzen 7 5xxx of some sort (I forget) and something else I forget altogether.

Don't get me wrong ... I am truly impressed with the performance of this little build - a bit too expensive right now for reasons known to all - but, otherwise? A warm boot back to the destop in 11 seconds (thank you, Mark Russinovich/Autologin), etc. I'd hoped to build such a machine for about six, seven hundred, maybe, but the boneyard is gone due to multiple moves and nothing I wanted was available. Still don't have a video card, but I can play Left for Dead, etc., with the onboard UHD 750. Congrats, Intel.

Anyone have any idea when I 'll be able to pick up a graphics card for MSRP or thereabouts? I can amuse myself with what I've got for six months or a year, maybe, but it does seem like I've got something deserving of better.

But, I digress, Is it remotely possible that mine is the fastest system to run the CPU-Z benchmark?

Reactions: Why_Me
Jul 1, 2021
Oh. I should be explicit ... no overclocking of any sort. In fact, the ASRock MB appears to slightly underclock everything; for example, 1600 vs ~1598 and the like. Which is fine by me. My overclocking days ended with the Celeron 300.

Jul 1, 2021
What was your Bench setting in CPU-Z?
I couldn't find it in history, so I reran and resubmitted. I am now no longer the fastest, I am edged out (not surprisingly) by Ryzen 9 5900X (648) and Ryzen 9 5950X (648) and Ryzen 7 5800X (639) vs my 11600k (628). Ahead of the Ryzen 5 5600X, though (622).

Single threaded there.

Multithreaded puts the Ryzen 5 5600X at the top (4808 vs my 4804), and then just a couple other 11600s above me (overclocked?). Conspicuously absent were the Ryzen 7s and 9s - maybe because of a thread count mismatch?

Even coming in third or fourth seems better than expected.