Right speaker doesnt work with Windows 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheAntiEggroll

Honorable
Aug 14, 2012
I just installed Windows 7 on my home computer. When I plug in my old speakers (Creative Intrigue 2.1s) whatever speaker is plugged into the right jack BARELY gets any sound. I did some research and it seems this is a semi common problem. I tried messing with all the balance levels and hooked up an old set of speakers which work fine. I also tried switching speakers and whichever is in the right audio jack barely works while the other works fine.

The only other thing I was able to find was someone said they got a "new" cord and it fixed their problem. Is there a cord that would work with Windows Vista but wouldnt work with Windows 7?

Its an old Dell Inspiron 530 with stock motherboard etc, etc. Thankyou for all help in advance.

TheAntiEggroll

Honorable
Aug 14, 2012

I apologize if I didnt make this clear in my first both but BOTH speakers worked great with Windows Vista and both speakers work if theyre plugged into the left speaker jack. It could be the speaker jack that isnt working but I find it hard to believe it became faulty in the few hours I was installing Windows 7 thankyou though

TheAntiEggroll

Honorable
Aug 14, 2012

All drivers are up to date, I did notice NVidia (my graphics card) has audio drivers installed as well, should I try disabling/messing all of them?

TheAntiEggroll

Honorable
Aug 14, 2012

Someone else mentioned this as fixing their problem. Seems like a weird fix but I suppose I will try the same

I downloaded the real tek audio manager because my old computer had it but still having the same issue

TheAntiEggroll

Honorable
Aug 14, 2012
Now something different is happening. Still no sound out of my right speaker but when I go to test the right speaker the sound comes out of both the left and right semi equally from what I can tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.