RIM Forced to Drop BBX Name, Goes With "10" Instead

Status
Not open for further replies.

LuckyDucky7

Distinguished
May 5, 2010
Basis?
Who ever heard of them?

I mean, if you're using their product you already know their name, and I just don't understand why this needs to be fought over. Sure, it's the next great thing from RIM, but still.

STravis

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2009
[citation][nom]LuckyDucky7[/nom]Basis?Who ever heard of them?I mean, if you're using their product you already know their name, and I just don't understand why this needs to be fought over. Sure, it's the next great thing from RIM, but still.[/citation]

You know, they registered the name for a reason. That is after all the point of registering unique names.

K2N hater

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2009
Though both are software they're not related at all... That's what happens when a court decides something according to lawyers' performance.

iLLz

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2003
[citation][nom]K2N hater[/nom]Though both are software they're not related at all... That's what happens when a court decides something according to lawyers' performance.[/citation]

The point is they are both in the software market and BBx is already trademarked. RIM loses. It doesn't matter if they are in the same exact field in software, they are still close enough. The thing that gets me is how the hell didnt RIM know this was trademarked before making it official on their end?

belardo

Splendid
Nov 23, 2008
So, RIM wants to use BBX - yet some company is really only using BBx in which (x) is just a version letter.

Nobody is going to be confused. Like people get confused between Apple Records and Apple computers?

Status
Not open for further replies.