RIM Ships 6.9 Million BlackBerrys in Q3, Loses Subscribers

Status
Not open for further replies.

dozerman

Honorable
Nov 14, 2012
Sitting in drawers, huh? I can tell you for a fact that the blackberry torch in my hands that I am sending this from is not sitting in a drawer.

anononon

Honorable
Aug 29, 2012
Outside the US RIMs market share is still strong. The loss of one million is suspected to be majority business's that ran to the ifail and android wagon. Come Jan. it will be very interesting to see what happens, given RIMs performance in the NYSE this past month, even investors are turning an eye.

I am looking forward to BB10, something new and another option will be nice to have out there. The security factor is always a plus.

redeemer

Distinguished
My HTC One X is great, though I do miss Blackberry for the BBM, and tight messaging integration. Pretty stoked for January cannot wait to see these new BB10 devices in all its glory.

walter87

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2011
[citation][nom]anononon[/nom]Outside the US RIMs market share is still strong. The loss of one million is suspected to be majority business's that ran to the ifail and android wagon. Come Jan. it will be very interesting to see what happens, given RIMs performance in the NYSE this past month, even investors are turning an eye. I am looking forward to BB10, something new and another option will be nice to have out there. The security factor is always a plus.[/citation]
People (analysts) thought two quarters ago that BlackBerry would have started to see a lose of subscribers. It was inevitable that they would have eventually see the subscriber base lower when your stuck selling year old phones and only newer Curve models (which mostly went to developing markets). Analysts and investors keep pushing that RIM would not succeed, yet they've managed to almost add $1Billion in cash reserves and barely on the brink of releasing their new products.

Next quarter should be interesting indeed.

getreal

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2010
[citation][nom]redeemer[/nom]My HTC One X is great, though I do miss Blackberry for the BBM, and tight messaging integration. Pretty stoked for January cannot wait to see these new BB10 devices in all its glory.[/citation]

Get an iPhone. iMessages are way better, plus everyone uses an iPhone, so you will use them almost exclusively.

professorturtle

Honorable
Oct 4, 2012
Imho, RIM'll fall like Nokia. Top of the line for business once upon a time - but overthrown due to newer, more simple technology. Unless they can come up with genius apps/features exclusive to Blackberry, find developers to develop for an appmarket, create some genius OS from ground up, etc - they've lost the competition altogether.

dozerman

Honorable
Nov 14, 2012
[citation][nom]professorturtle[/nom]Imho, RIM'll fall like Nokia. Top of the line for business once upon a time - but overthrown due to newer, more simple technology. Unless they can come up with genius apps/features exclusive to Blackberry, find developers to develop for an appmarket, create some genius OS from ground up, etc - they've lost the competition altogether.[/citation]
Uhh... They already have an app market with a huge number of developers, and BB10 already has more apps than the iPhone had at launch. Way more. So far as creating a genious OS, that's kind of already what they're doing now. Exclusive features have been here for years in the form of BBM, awesome keyboards, and formfactors that other compaies aren't even willing to try.

dozerman

Honorable
Nov 14, 2012
[citation][nom]iknowhowtofixit[/nom]My old Droid 2 slider from 2.5 years ago is more capable than any current BlackBerry. After the BlackBerry "Storm" and all the hype that surrounded that steaming pile of garbage, I've learned to take an "I'll believe it when I see it" approach. Currently BlackBerries fail at email, apps, making phone calls, and usability. Maybe this new OS and new phones will fix those things, maybe it won't. We'll just have to see.[/citation]

Not even debatable. My wife had the Droid 2 slider. Any semi-modern BlackBerry will blow it out of the water. Emails come straight to the start screen, the calendar app is super easy to use, messages and contacts are way better; I could go on for awhile...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS