RIP my cpu

Len Len

Reputable
Apr 18, 2017
my pentium e5700 3.0ghz i know its a <<edited>> old and its was running fine in my previous mobo but when i installed new mobo my cpu speed got down to 1.9ghz???and i guess my new <<edited>> mobo has LEGACY bios cuz i cant enter bios it only opens Cmos setting ..any help??or should i get new mobo??

<<Watch the language, please.>>

InvalidError

Titan

It doesn't matter if the BIOS is the old-style text-based interface or the newer pretty graphics type, they both serve the same exact purpose of setting up BIOS options and putting the machine in a workable state ready to load the boot drive's bootloader and execute it.

Back in the Core 2 era, pretty graphical BIOS UIs were uncommon, especially on more budget-conscious boards. It became more common with the first generation Core i-series and nearly standard by the time Sandy Bridge came along. The dwindling cost of flash memory likely played a significant part in this.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
The system should lower the speed of the CPU under two conditions, it is overheating or it slows down since you don't require the processing power. These are features of the system's power management functions. Does the CPU always run at the slower speed?