RIS APIC error .....HELP PLZ

Took a dell GX270. Added the NIC drivers to original RIS image.
Ris'ed the Dell. Did updates and added typical programs. Pushed
image up using Riprep (successful, or so it said). Got an error when
I tried to pull it down saying:

Original HAL is ACPI 1.0 - APIC platform MP and this computer's HAL is
ACPI 1.0 - APIC platform UP.

SAME exact machines fresh out of the box. No different hardware, only
one processor. So how is it possible for them to have two different
HALS? Is it from a Windows Update? Is there a work-around. I have
wasted far too much time on this already, and I am hoping someone has
solved this problem. Please, tell me you have an answer.

Are those machines with hyperthreading CPU?

Check for different BIOS settings regarding hyperthreading
enabled/disabled

regards
Johan Arwidmark

Windows User Group - Nordic