Question RIS/CAS questions?

Oct 2, 2022
Hello, I have 6900 XT and wondering, in my adrenalin settings I've had Radeon Image Sharpening enabled at 50% for a while. In MW2 (Warzone 2.0) a lot of videos say to turn on FidelityFX CAS, which also has a slider for strength. Question is- can both be used at the same time? Or will it make too much artifact? I go to radeon settings while in game, to see if it looks different but when you enable or disable is says game needs restart. Anyone know what one I should use? Both? What level? I have 1080p monitor. Someone said the adrenalin software knows when fidelityFx CAS is enabled and then in adrenalin RIS will be greyed out - but its not.

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

My recommendation is to just do your own testing.

Start with a working configuration where there are no problems and the display is to your liking.

Then make changes, (e.g., turn on Fidelity slider, etc.) but change only one thing at time. Determine what works and what does not work with respect to performance and image.

Keep notes on what you change, where you make the change, and the original value/setting before you make/made the change.

Not unusual for configuration changes to require a restart of either the game/app or perhaps the entire computer.

Just be prepared for that eventuality. Do not, for example, have any unnecessary apps or utilities running in the background.

And, as always, ensure that all important data is backed up at least 2 x to locations off of the host computer and verified to be recoverable and readable.

Every system is different so what works in some environments will not work in another environment.

Take your time, be methodical, and determine what works (or does not work) in your environment.