RIS limitations...why?

Why is RIS so limited with compatible network adapters? Surely a little piece of software to load ANY nic drivers to a boot disk? (Like Ghost boot wizard) isn't beyond Microsoft skills?

Nice free piece of software but none of our machines are PXE compatible.

Looked at article to install 3rd party drivers but very complicated eh?

The RIS RBFG utility allows you to create RIS Boot floppies for computers
that are not fully PXE compliant.

My employer, Argon Technology, also offers PXE on Disk that are compatible
with RIS.

http://www.argontechnology.com