RIS Question

Hi, I was reading up on a RIS Knowledge base article which quoted this...

"The drive on the server where you choose to install RIS must be formatted
with the NTFS file system. RIS requires a significant amount of disk space
and cannot be installed on the same drive or partition on which Windows 2000
Server is installed...."

Am I correct in saying that the RIS images then must be placed in a total
seperate drive from the master drive in the server? I'm sure I read
elsewhere that RIS
could be installed on the same drive, as long as it was 2GB+ and on a
seperate
partition. But, from the quote above it's saying a seperate drive must be
used.

Anyone shed some light on this for me?

Thank You

Jones

Distinguished
May 7, 2004

It can be on the same drive, but not in same partition! So if you've
installed windows server on c: you can have RIS on D:

/Jones

"jones" <jonas_gregersen@nospam.yahoo.dk> wrote in message
> It can be on the same drive, but not in same partition! So if you've
> installed windows server on c: you can have RIS on D:
>
> /Jones

Thanks for that Jones!