Question RJ11 Telephone Jack Wall Plate 6P6

Apr 6, 2019
Hello,

I have a RJ11 Wall plate (6P6C like this : https://www.amazon.com/Enerlites-6631-W-Telephone-6-Position-6-Conductor/dp/B01N4WQJ9B ) which was working when I plug in my phone.
When I'm connecting my modem (DSL port) to this wall plate it can't connect to internet.

Behind the wall plate there is ASDL pots splitter (https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/rj11-adsl-splitter-ADSL2-over-POTS_60074551041.html ) which have a pair of cable for Phone and a pair of cable for DSL Modem.

The wall plate is currently connected with pair of cable coming from phone pair of cable.
FYI, I have another wall plate (RJ11 but 4P2C this one) in another room that is connected with pair of cable coming from the "DSL Modem" pair of cable and my modem is working fine on it.

What should I do to be able to use this wall plate with my modem ?
  • should I buy a wall plate with 2x 6P6C socket (one wired like a phone + one wired like a modem)
  • could I connect the pair of cable from "DSL Modem" coming from the ADSl pots splitters ?
  • call a technician :D

Thanks for your help !

Here is the simple connection: Phone Incoming ----> Splitter ----> Regular Phone/DSL modem.

Hare are the rules:

Typically can only have one modem per DSL service.
The telephone side of things (RJ11) can only goes into the WAN side of the DSL modem. The LAN side of the modem cannot use regular phone lines.
U can have many WIFI routers but these must be hooked up to the LAN side of the modem via CAT cables.

Apr 6, 2019
Here is the simple connection: Phone Incoming ----> Splitter ----> Regular Phone/DSL modem.

Hare are the rules:

Typically can only have one modem per DSL service.
The telephone side of things (RJ11) can only goes into the WAN side of the DSL modem. The LAN side of the modem cannot use regular phone lines.
U can have many WIFI routers but these must be hooked up to the LAN side of the modem via CAT cables.

Thanks, agreed with you. But the telephone side of things (RJ11) is connect to the Splitter "Regular phone" side. The splitter "DSL modem" side is not used on this wall plate. So I think that the reason why my DSL Modem cannot connect to WAN.

So should I have one wall plate for "Regular Phone" and one socket for DSL Modem ? I've always thought it could be only one socket. I'm not able ton find any schematic on internet for "RJ11 wall plate wiring"

Thanks, agreed with you. But the telephone side of things (RJ11) is connect to the Splitter "Regular phone" side. The splitter "DSL modem" side is not used on this wall plate. So I think that the reason why my DSL Modem cannot connect to WAN.

So should I have one wall plate for "Regular Phone" and one socket for DSL Modem ? I've always thought it could be only one socket. I'm not able ton find any schematic on internet for "RJ11 wall plate wiring"

In Europe normal telephone cabling is the center pair (2 core) on an RJ11. The filter plugs in to the wall socket with the telephone and modem plugged into the filter.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts