[SOLVED] Rm650x psu for rx 580 is it going to work?

Jun 25, 2019
Hello, i bought an rm650x psu for my gpu(rx 580 nitro) and my dumbass didnt look at the pci e power cables, and there is only one 8 pin and 2x8 pin for the mobo/cpu i dont know if i can just take one of the 8 pins from the mobo bcs my mobo only uses 8 pins šo that leave the other 8 free būt i dont know if i connect the cpu/mobo 8 pin and the pci e 8 pin, idk if its gonna fry my pc or just not boot up, please help me(the psu is already here)

Solution
The 8 pin EPS connectors for the motherboard are completely different. Do NOT do that.

That PSU comes with all the PCI connectors you need for the graphics card. Likely, they are 6+2 pin connectors.
Jun 25, 2019
The 8 pin EPS connectors for the motherboard are completely different. Do NOT do that.

That PSU comes with all the PCI connectors you need for the graphics card. Likely, they are 6+2 pin connectors.
Būt listen look up the rm650x psu it only has one 8pin for pci e and idk if i should just buy a spliter or something bcs my rx 580 has a 6pin and a 8pin pls help

No, it has FOUR 6+2 pin PCI connectors and one 8 pin EPS connector.

mcf6g2.jpg

You're not a dumbass to ask questions. A dumbass is the guy who DOESN'T ask questions, and then tries to use the wrong connector in the wrong place and loses everything in a cloud of magic smoke.

At worst, you might be accused of being slightly resistant to taking advice, but that's better than just taking everything anybody says as gospel without making sure first. At least you know now and didn't make any mistakes by trying to use a connector where it doesn't belong

Reactions: Karadjgne
Jun 25, 2019
You're not a dumbass to ask questions. A dumbass is the guy who DOESN'T ask questions, and then tries to use the wrong connector in the wrong place and loses everything in a cloud of magic smoke.

At worst, you might be accused of being slightly resistant to taking advice, but that's better than just taking everything anybody says as gospel without making sure first. At least you know now and didn't make any mistakes by trying to use a connector where it doesn't belong
yep my psu is running well for already a month and its doing great ty