[SOLVED] RM750 making ticking sound

Feb 24, 2020
It sounds like a clock. Whenever I play minecraft or something sort of power hungry my psu starts to make a ticking sound that is almost like a clock. This is my first build and I don't know what to do, can someone please help me? I'm worried my psu might be failing and I'd have to get my step dad to rma it but he's constantly at work. Dunno what to do.

Solution
It sounds like a clock. Whenever I play minecraft or something sort of power hungry my psu starts to make a ticking sound that is almost like a clock. This is my first build and I don't know what to do, can someone please help me? I'm worried my psu might be failing and I'd have to get my step dad to rma it but he's constantly at work. Dunno what to do.
Update: I solved it! I checked my fan speed and apparently this happens with most evga rtx cards. Around 55-57c the fans turn on and turn off. This causes a clicking sound. My PSU and GPU are close together so that would explain the sound.

mangaman

Honorable

Doesn't sound normal. Specs on your system? Are you overclocking by any chance?

Feb 24, 2020
Update: I solved it! I checked my fan speed and apparently this happens with most evga rtx cards. Around 55-57c the fans turn on and turn off. This causes a clicking sound. My PSU and GPU are close together so that would explain the sound.

Solution