Question RM750x Installation Issues

Dec 4, 2021
I purchased an RM750X in advance of my new graphics card getting here and have had trouble installing it. The PC won’t turn on when I power it up, but I hear the hum of the PSU and the fans will move for just a moment when I turn it on. As near as I can tell, all the plugs are in the right place but could be wrong. Ive tried placing both of the 2x4 cables in the cpu slot and t

My motherboard is GA-B250M Gaming 3 and as far as I can tell is compatible with the PSU. I’ve placed the old unit in and it’ll boot properly with the PC so everything in there still seems to be working as intended. Graphics card that is in there rn is a RTX 2070

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

We're going to need a little more information about your system. Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

while also mentioning the previous PSU's make and model and age.

Dec 4, 2021
Did you remove all of the previous PSU's cables and only use those that came with the Corsair?
I’m using the old cables for the HDD and I believe the one that connects to the power button. They’re both 6 prong peripheral and SATA plugs. Everything else is new that came with it, so the GPU, CPU and the 24 cable are what came with it

Dec 4, 2021
OH GOD NO!

I hope you didn't fry your hard drive..
-
I may have done just that. Booted up the PC and realized the OS which is on the SSD is loading but my E drive is unlisted and everything that was installed is missing.

I’m gonna check and make sure it’s fitted properly, but is there anyway to recover or get this HDD working again?

steveb1976

Reputable
Oct 4, 2020
I may have done just that. Booted up the PC and realized the OS which is on the SSD is loading but my E drive is unlisted and everything that was installed is missing.

I’m gonna check and make sure it’s fitted properly, but is there anyway to recover or get this HDD working again?
check your bios , under boot section and see if your E drive is listed,and if not, if it is able to be listed in the selection list.

also when you boot windows. click on "this pc" or "start button, and search" and type "manage" and then "on the screen that pops up click on "disk management" this will show if your drive is attached and hopefully undamaged