RMA - Procedures...

hexameta

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2007
So my BFG 8800GT OC just died (posted earlier). I guess now my only concern in regards to a successful replacement is the fact that BFG specifically states that if their product is modified (which mine was with an HR-03) that the warranty is void. Luckily i still have the stock heat sink and screws and am going to reattach it before I send it back. Is this gonna fly? I mean how does the RMA process typically work? Do they give it a thorough inspection or just receive the damn thing throw it in a pile marked "bad" and send me my replacement? I'm concerned that even if i reattach the stock colling solution that they will still notice the missing white thermal pads that i took off...

espguitarguy232

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2007
The two things that I would suggest would be to find those thermal pads or replacements and second try not to make cosmetic damage so they will have no reason to have a closer look. On my third rma for the OC2 (they accidently gave me an OC version once which i found actually worked for me oddly enough) they were going to set up what they called a RMA test in which they test the card I give them and test the one they sent me to make sure it works. This would leave me to believe that they will plug it in to check if its dead at most, but I would locate some thermal pads just in case

leon2006

Distinguished
Put back the original HW and just clean it up. Minimize the signs that you made changes on the HW.

Don't volunter any information. Deal with it as regular field failure. Their product failed.