Question RMA Question help

Stephen Whitson

Distinguished
May 22, 2013
Help i have a 100% faulty rtx 3080 where on graphic heavy games the screen would go black and the gpu fans would ramp up to 100% and just stay like that, till i manually restart the pc. i sent it back to CCL Online twice now and get told there is no fault found and this will be my third attempt now. i have spent a lot of time replacing parts a it still happens i even tried the card in 2 different system's and it does the same thing and my system with a rtx 2080 ran fine no problems. where do i stand this is going on for over a year and the crashing is getting worse, i asked today to speak to a manger to raise a complaint and was told they will try and ring me back in under a week

Stephen Whitson

Distinguished
May 22, 2013
Hey!

Are the driver up-to-date?
If not plz update them.
if that doesn't work, then try Clean installing your GPU drivers using the DDU Software:)

Post your result here after following the steps :)

Awaiting your reply...
Hi buddy and thanks for the quick reply, everything like that has been done already fresh windows , DDU wipe with the newest drivers , new cables , 3 new power supplies, ram swapped, no overclock , new DP cable, removed all HHD/SSD. what is the chance that the problem is on my end if i have had the same gpu put in 2 different peoples computer with no prior faults for the same thing to happen to them.

Stephen Whitson

Distinguished
May 22, 2013
i left my pc on at night and came back to it shutdown the only error i had in the event viewer was - Volume Shadow Copy Service information: The COM Server with CLSID {4e14fba2-2e22-11d1-9964-00c04fbbb345} and name CEventSystem cannot be started. [0x8007045b, A system shutdown is in progress.
]

Stephen Whitson

Distinguished
May 22, 2013
They don't have ground to stand on when the GPU has been tried in 2 different systems with the same outcome.

Since they say that it has no issues, ask them to record a video with the GPU running a benchmark for 30mins for example.
Thanks god there is people left that can use the information and come to a logical decision, I'm still getting told from social media that i also posted on that its my power supply and does not sound like a gpu problem, honestly thought i was going mad. How could it be a power supply after 3 new ones and as you stated 2 other system have the same crash when this gpu the only factor to change is not the cause of the fault. I'm expecting a manger call today, how should i put this across to them so he/she understands.

Thanks god there is people left that can use the information and come to a logical decision, I'm still getting told from social media that i also posted on that its my power supply and does not sound like a gpu problem, honestly thought i was going mad. How could it be a power supply after 3 new ones and as you stated 2 other system have the same crash when this gpu the only factor to change is not the cause of the fault. I'm expecting a manger call today, how should i put this across to them so he/she understands.
I would start by saying all the troubleshoot you already did. Multiple hardware changed, especially PSUs which is critical and the same outcome in other systems that are completely different than yours. You can also state that your 2080 runs flawlessly in your system.

Something else you can do that I find working in these situations is to be calm and firm with what you ask. You want a replacement (or a repair if it can be repaired) and the issue is definitely the 3080 and nothing else. You are not trying to trick anyone, you are claiming the warranty and they should honor it since you did everything that could be done and even more.

Good luck

Reactions: Stephen Whitson

TRENDING THREADS