foolycooly

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2008
If I were to cut the UPC from a power supply box and mail it to receive a rebate, then discover that the PSU is defective, is there any way to receive a replacement?

I can't build my system until next saturday and the corsair 750w PSU rebate has to be postmarked by that same saturday. Is there no way I could send it in earlier, then receive a replacement if by chance it is defective? Thanks

Here is what NewEgg says. Everyone else should be about the same.
Usually if something survives the first week and has gone through a couple good stress testing trials (a couple hour long gaming sessions would qualify) it's likely going to last a long time. Wait as long as you can before sending in the rebate forms.

Mail In Rebate Policy

Products missing UPC codes or serial numbers from the box are NOT returnable.

Products offering mail-in rebates are not returnable to Newegg.com once the rebates have been filed. Be sure that the product is functional and that you intend to keep the product before sending in for your rebate. Products missing UPC codes or serial numbers from the box are NOT returnable. Only the product manufacturer can replace any defective item missing the UPC code.
http://www.newegg.com/HelpInfo/ReturnPolicy.aspx#1