Question Roaches killed my monitor.

Oct 30, 2018
I have roaches problem which i'm trying to deal with but it's not going really well. So my monitor got killed by roaches. It will get repaired but what's the best solution to avoid roaches getting into my monitor. How is the idea of using Scotch tape to fill the holes in the back of the monitor and what are the most likely places from where they got inside. Also i made sure that there are none in my PC but there is also chance for them to get inside. What's the best solution to protect my eletronic from roaches. I live in student's dorm and it's not really the best place and almost everyone here have roaches problems. Before they never damage my laptop but 3-4 months after i bough PC it killed my monitor.
Monitor: Acer GN246HL

You definitely dont want to cover the holes on the monitor, while this is more than likely where they got in, that's also where the heat is exhausted. While roaches suck, I doubt they caused the monitor to die. And if they're in your monitor they're in your PC. Bait around your computer desk. Kill any you see. Roaches are a huge pita. I live in a less than nice apartment complex, and we also have that problem. Keep your area clean. Don't spray anything killer around, just buy some good bait traps. They're not cheap, but effective. Good luck.

Oct 30, 2018
From what i've heard they're conductors and my whole circuit board died from it. Isn't it possibe to just make small holes in tape so the heat can go out. I will get bait and wait for it to work i guess.